How do you wrap up the term in a good way? What do you do in the final days of class, whether remote or in-person? What atmosphere do you try to create?
This episode includes thoughts in response to those questions, featuring fantastic tips by Ashley Gagnon-Shaw, Jocelyne Vogt, and Catherine Nygren, as well as some ideas of my own. 🙂 Hope you enjoy!
- Listen to Jocelyne's episode of Teachin' Books, on Harold Cardinal's “A Canadian What the Hell It's All About,” and Catherine's episode on The Stanley Parable.
- If you're not familiar, here's the Hedbanz game that Jocelyne refers to in her tip!
- Read one version of Marianne Moore's poem “Poetry.”
- Resources on the Unessay Catherine uses in her classes: Daniel Paul O'Donnell / Emily Suzanne Clark / Marc Kissel / Ryan Cordell / Andrew Gilreath-Brown
- If you're curious about which song won out for the one-song-long, end-of-year dance party… 🙂
- Here is the article by Maia Herriot on Saskatchewan's overdose crisis and the CTV news piece (by Stefanie Davis) from January 2021 with statistics about overdoses in Saskatchewan in 2020.
- Donate to Prairie Harm Reduction or write a letter in support of more funding for their safe consumption site.
Follow the podcast on Twitter and Instagram @TeachinBooksPod. I post extra content, like audiograms and behind-the-scenes stuff, on both accounts, more frequently on Insta, so follow me there for more teachin' books fun!
You can also get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please subscribe, rate, and review, and spread the word about the podcast if you like it. 🙂
**The transcript for this episode, once available, will be here.**